Cavendish Legal Group is currently expanding and is keen to hear from solicitors who have an established client following in any discipline. Cavendish Legal Group is an ideal place to work for those who wish to be rewarded more directly for their contribution in the most transparent remuneration scheme available in the industry.
Our fresh approach to legal services encourages practitioners to consider provision that best fits the client’s needs rather than the firm. We are looking for those who wish to build alongside us, rather than anyone looking for a short term move.
Cavendish Legal Group only recruits established practitioners who can bring with them a strong client following.
If you think you have what it takes to join our expanding team, please contact David Turner firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Alexis Brassey, Managing Partner of Cavendish Legal Group, formerly Cramer Pelmont, believes “this is not just a marketing opportunity for law firms but a chance to take advantage of real economies of scale. Firms who join us will no longer have to deal with accounts, regulation, procurement and facilities management which in recent years has become an increasing burden for all practices. Instead, firms will be able to take advantage of our investment in systems backed by Lexcel and CQS, panel membership of all banks and building societies as well as a formidable management team dedicated to removing the administrative shackles from solicitors and giving them back the time and freedom to practice law for their clients. ”
If you think you have what it takes to join our expanding team, please contact Alexis Brassey email@example.com
Property Solicitor – Chinese Speaking
Cavendish Legal Group – London
|Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- To maintain a caseload of client files/matters and ensure that each matter is dealt with in a professional and expedient manner ensuring the client’s interests and instructions are always met as quickly as possible and within limitation periods or dates set by the court.
- Where necessary, provide line management of your staff or team members who are involved in aspects of your work and provide them with supervision, support and guidance so as to ensure that they advance within their positions and are confident and capable of dealing with their allocated workload with little supervision.
- Ensure that legal procedures are dealt with and that our office procedures (including the use of our client and files matter database is being used to full capacity). Making sure that the procedures as set out within the firm’s office procedures manual is adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that each and every client is identified in accordance with our Money Laundering Procedures.
- To actively seek ways to contribute to the evolution of the firm and to suggest areas for improvement.
- To encourage and promote the image and ethos of the firm.
- To ensure a strict compliance with the requirements of the office manual and the firm’s Quality Standards Procedure, including time recording.
- To ensure confidentiality and security of the firm and client documentation and information.
- To maintain high standards in the processing of client work, both in respect of your professional standards and client care.
- To forge good working relations and maintain existing working relationships with external institutions and organisations.
- To market the firm’s client services and to assist in the development of new products and service opportunities. To participate in new business development meetings.
- To attend at meetings outside of the office and at times outside of normal working hours.
- To contribute to the firm’s monthly news letter and external periodicals as may be required from time to time.
- To ensure that you are kept abreast of legislative developments and ensure that you are always in possession of a current Practicing Certificate.
- To ensure that all incoming and outgoing post, fax and other communications pertaining to your Caseworkers are checked by you for accuracy and professionalism.
- Must have an education to degree level, and the possession of a Legal Practice Certificate.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solicitors should possess general office and inter-personal skills when joining the firm, which ensure that they are able to empathise with clients without getting emotionally involved and ensure that any correspondence to the client is both concise and clear.
- Stamina and resilience and ability to prioritise conflicting caseload.
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to work independently and on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Negotiating skills and confidence when dealing with problems.
- The ability to advise clients and assigned caseworkers, demonstrating an ability to understand and explain legal technicalities.
- An even temperament and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Time-management skills and a flexible approach to work.
- An ability to manage a team effectively.
- An interest in their area of Legal expertise.
- The ability to assimilate large amounts of information quickly, analyse it and apply it appropriately.
- Good report-writing skills and numeracy.
- The ability to work meticulously and accurately within a professional code of conduct.
- Discretion and respect for client confidentiality.
- Punctuality and a smart, professional appearance
- An enthusiasm to succeed and develop.
- A willingness to assist and provide a helping hand in any other matter which will assist the firm.
Please note that due to the volume of applications expected, we will not be able to contact all hopeful applicants.
Job Type: Full-time